Monday 22 April 2013

Now is the ideal time to start a portfolio

It's a question I get asked time and time again on my travels - "When is the best time to start a 'Buy To Let' (BTL) portfolio?"
Well, cue the big, dramatic drum roll . . . .
This (now, today, this hour, this minute!) is the ideal time to start building a 'Buy To Let' portfolio.
Let me explain why . . .
  • Rent demand is high
  • Rental yields are high
  • Interest rates are low
  • Sellers are willing to take discounts.
It all adds up to create ideal conditions to start a BTL portfolio.
Property has doubled in price (taking inflation and the buying power of our money into account) every 10 years since 1066 (er, yes, you read that correctly, 1066!).
Without factoring inflation into the equations, property has doubled every seven years
In my opinion (and don't just take my word for it; you will find that others agree), property is a far better investment than a long-term savings account in a bank.
My advice?
Cut out the middle-men who use your money in investment funds.
Invest some of that same money in property.
It will pay to cut out the 'middle-man' and invest directly into the market yourself.
Trust me, you won't regret it.
If you want to build up further knowledge about the BTL market and find out more about making your money work for you, then check out my website -  http://www.kevingreen.co.uk