Wednesday 19 November 2014

HELP!! BMW R1200GS LC 2013 engine rattles

I have been without my treasured motorbike a BMW R 1200 GS LC 2013, for 6 weeks now. She has been in BMW Ryders' in Cardiff since 4th October 2014 with a rattle in the engine which has so far had the following attempts to fix the noise made on it:

  • 2 full cam shaft & decompression lever in the right cylinder changes
  • The decompression mechanism changed
  • Separately new cam shaft gears changed 
  • and most recently now a new cylinder head! 

How ever STILL she rattles!

IF any BMW or bike mechanic / fanatics can help solve this mystery for me I would be most appreciative!

If you have suffered the same issue on your boxer engine please get in touch and let me know of the steps you have taken and what (if anything resolved it!)

See the video of the rattle below by clicking the picture - as a note it is most apparent once the engine has warmed up.


I am totally at my wits end and very frustrated with both the dealership and BMW who seem to be stabbing at 'cheap fix' options as opposed to the consideration of a replacement engine